Saturday, October 18, 2014

Castle and Chocolate

So I know that it has been awhile since I last posted and that's due to being lazy getting pictures off of my camera--and also relying on other for pictures...which I may have lost:/ I do have some exciting announcement though,which is that we will be taking a holiday (aka break) within the next couple of weeks! This means that I will be able to finally show you the place that I have has the pleasure of living for the last month and a half! How the time is flying!

Classes are going wonderfully and we have already finished around four of our classes for the semester, out of around 20! The classes have been keeping everyone busy, working on learning french (haven't gotten far unfortunately), having two group projects, and an always changing class schedule. 

As for the paperwork that is always a work in progress for studying in Nantes, it is slowly coming to a close and I am at the point of waiting on the French government to finish it up.  One thing that has developed because of the paperwork, is that I have received a French credit card or more accurately what we would call a debit card. This card will of course be completely useless at the end of my stay or even from the beginning, but as with any new traveling experience, it is fun to say that I now have a French credit card.  

Other miscellaneous  things that could be said for this week, is that I was able to make it to the local castle and I'm pretty sure that Latvian chocolate is the best I've ever had. So, lets start with the first one--the castle. 

The Latvian chocolate that is fantastic!
The castle is located in the center of Nantes and is very interesting with the museum of Nantes located inside, plus an exhibition which at the moment is on samurais.  Enjoy some of the pictures that I took below; unfortunately, there are none for the museums/exhibitions because there is a rumor floating around that says I can get free admission the first weekend of the month...so, I'm waiting for that.



Me standing on the wall. 

The view from the top of the wall. 


The inside of the castle and where the exhibition is being held (the building on the right where the line of people has formed). 

Me at the back of the castle over the mote.
I will get you more pictures of the castle and the museums that are located within soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment